domingo, 31 de octubre de 2010

Those damn rigs

Today in blender and similar comunities you'll find a huge library of characters and animation files. Many of them are excellent rigs. Wow!!!!!!! you'd say and even me either........ but I am not convinced at all cause in my point of view there are still some unnatural features in final animations. What can we do???. Dont get me wrong, these rigs are references for all rigs that follow including my ones but there are some things that need to go better.

What the heck!!!!

Snooping around several blogs and studying theirs rigs like mancandy and rigs recently made by lot of artists have many mistakes. Really have we a decent standard rig today? You betcha but these need some lot of constraint and references I think......who's with me? I just know my confusion is growing more and more.......

I think we need a better understanding of critical pivots and how to locate them, an example of what I do mean can be this: the beggining of neck bones in mostly cases are incorrect so animations are still rigid

Some helpfull Solutions

Some mocap files feature vectorial references that made more realistic the movement, so think about follow these good references and afterwards adding some other better features found in Mancandy and Miku rigs............I need extend more this article.........


MOCAP animation note multiple IK Targets..........some of them adjust to mean movement..

page under construction






--------------------------------------- Index ------------------------------------------------------------

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario