domingo, 5 de diciembre de 2010

Recomended Face Topology

Over these days I`ll post some explanations about my huge request of good face topology, I'm still in some tests about all stuff of this................

You could need to see the topology workshop article to dig more about topology.

Mission: I'm going to make it possible, right?

The main mission is to have a decent topology with the maximun edgeloops possible of any organic model to perform its best animation

To transform this topology:


Into this one (click to enlarge): 


Topology Tools

Ok, this part is a must to animate a face at its best, so the only way to be in touch is to practice until understand the flow of edges (Holy phew!, this job is terrible and you could spent lot of time deciphering topology science, crap!. It must have to exist a some better pipeline to reach this up in a not so boring way indeed......). But in the meantime I just know that just with practice the outcome will just be more easy to reach.

Yeah, First I've seen some face topology tutorials even a new face topology tutorial by Angela Guenette but I didn`t like at all, some details were putting in practice........then here`s my essay of topology number 60:

So Once my original model has been finished I have to start with topology tools to paint a flow of edges (a hard work to do) and then I will have:

Some boring tests over the face.....some references were taken from tutorials, the last from durian team explaining face topology but I don`t sure about all this stuff so I start to search my personal good topology

Checking for normals to check some sinks or topology mistakes

Muscle enhanced in green is my seek of principal feature that is seen in all faces around world...

But it is wrong so I start again....-Several hours to achieve-

Finally this muscle is splitted in two. These muscles are important and I think they need to be constructed well.

New model finished with 1889 vertices. Also I think I've defined the most important muscles without references needed, this time with some references about muscles and intuition (actually I spent about a year to get a good topology cause I've been copying to other models but it doesn`t work so each model is different of each other)

But wait........some there were some troubles at sight, finally I think were solved

Oh yeah!, this model now has edgeloops around mouth, orbitals......

Here we can see some edgeloops resulting from solving some troubling areas from triangles.

A very hard to achieve edgeloop, just the edgeloops I needed

Here: the result of my tries

Modeling Techniques: Benchmark

Incredibly topology for my model results in awesome similarities with sintel model by Angela Guenette. Sintel model has a beautiful topology with an exact number of faces for detail, moreover high detailed topology for sintel was made for production from Durian Project

Here, sintel (fantasy character) with perfect edgeloops, but perhaps lack of character details and pretty smooth and perfect.

Here perhaps for my likes, lack of an edgeloop for lower jaw edge....this model I will edited with permission to give birth Moora (character).

You have to see Amoo's Topology History topic .............. (under construction).


............ 





No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario